QUICK LINKS:
Be sure to read the Introduction to this blog!
If you're looking for a spa buddy, this is where to do it.
If you're just looking for reviews, they're here.

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Review: Club 1350, Wilmington

Amenities: 2/5
Cruisiness: 5/5
Price: Varies. (See website for details)

Pros: All the action you want without worrying about being caught, unlimited towels (sort of), you can get a room if you want, free condoms.
Cons: Sorta sketchy neighborhood (not as much as Midtowne though), paid parking (or take your chances on the street), $4 processing fee for new customers, no pool or jacuzzi.

SInce I previously reviewed Midtowne Spa, I figured I'd review one of their sister spas, Club 1350. I had a free coupon a few weeks ago, so I figured I'd check it out. 

It's kind of a similar setup to Midtowne, but instead of being on four floors like Midtown is, Club 1350 is on two larger floors. 

They have a paid parking lot across the street, but I found street parking literally right in front of the entrance.

I paid my $4 processing fee since it was my first visit and the attendant gave me a towel, padlock and condom. I had to figure out that the locker room was all the way in the back. 

After taking off my clothes I decided to explore the place a bit. On the main floor, there is a sauna and steam room (both with, in my opinion, great temperatures) and across from them were open showers. I kind of liked the way the showers were set up for maximum visibility... perfect for exhibitionists like me. Haha. There was also a workout area and a dark maze/glory hole area. 

Outside, there was a patio area that I didn't really explore much because it was raining. It looked like a great place to play when the weather is good.

I went downstairs into the basement and that's where the private rooms are. The corridors where the rooms are are almost like a maze and kind of fun to explore. And on the far end is a tv lounge area and another dark play area.

There's also a rooftop deck that I didn't really look at because of the weather.

Most guys wore towels while walking around; I went naked though. 

There weren't nearly as many guys there as there were at Midtowne when I was there. But the guys there were, in my opinion, generally better looking and definitely friendlier. Struck up conversations with several guys in the sauna, one of whom was telling me that there's usually a larger evening crowd than on the night I was there. (I was there on a Thursday). Had some fun with a few guys as well. 

I wish this place had a hot tub... but that said, I liked the place. I would like to go back in better weather and explore the outdoor areas some more.

The price for a locker is $20 on weekends and $18 on weekdays, but there's a special rate of $13 on Wednesdays and a promo $10 on Monday evenings. 


Club 1350
510 W. Anaheim St (between Lagoon Ave and Neptune Ave)
Wilmington, CA 90744
http://midtowne.com/index.php?fuseaction=dsp_city&c_city=wilmington




5 comments:

  1. Since you were there on a Thursday night did you take advantage of the free chiropractic adjustment from Dr Mike offered between 6 and 9 pm ?
    I haven't been to the 1350 in years and it sounds like they have remodeled from the layout you describe. Some of their promos are oddly interesting. They used to have a Tuesday night "Shower Show" in the open showers featuring the guys posted on their website. This club would be much better with a hot tub on the patio instead of the creepy van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. creepy van has been gone for a couple years now, but agree about the hot tub!

      Delete
  2. I loved the van, what was creepy about it? Well, maybe the carpet in it was kind of funky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been there twice and there were mostly creepy older guys there. Not many’s in general. Not going back. I assume app culture has killed off the bathhouse concept

    ReplyDelete
  4. went there once, there were several trans women there and they were taking selfies in there. No staffs stropped them from taking selfies at all! who knew if they were taking selfies or not.

    ReplyDelete