QUICK LINKS:
Be sure to read the Introduction to this blog!
If you're looking for a spa buddy, this is where to do it.
If you're just looking for reviews, they're here.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Review: Royal Spa, Hacienda Heights

Amenities: 4/5
Cruisiness: 3/5
Price: $25

Pros: Very clean, unlimited small towels, free snacks (!!!) 
Cons: Small, kinda far from central LA, more expensive than most spas

I've been meaning to check out this spa for a while, but I'm just never in the Hacienda Heights area (unless I'm passing through to get somewhere else) so it's usually kind of inconvenient for me. But I finally had time a few days ago, so I went to check it out.

I walked in, paid my entry, and was told by the woman at the counter to remove my shoes and place them on the shelf next to the men's spa entrance. I usually like to put my shoes in my locker, but I felt like it wasn't an option with her staring over my shoulder, so I complied. 

I walked into the men's spa and you're immediately in the TV room with recliners. There were two or three guys in the recliners at any given time while I was there. The lights were a little dim, but not too much. The lockers were on the far side of the recliner area. The locker "room" was tiny, two rows of lockers facing each other. The entire locker area was smaller than my bathroom. There's also a heated-floor sleeping room off the recliner area with a really awkward step up to get into it. But best of all, there's a full snack bar in there: nuts, crackers, fresh fruit and even instant ramen there for the taking. Never seen anything like that at any other Korean spa.

The spa is decorated in stone, and there are those flickering LED "candles" everywhere. It was a nice touch, even though there were so many that it was leaning more toward being tacky. Not too bad though.

Inside the spa, there are four upright showers, three right inside the door and a fourth one beyond the cold pool. There are also several seated showers, maybe six of them but I really didn't look too closely at them to get an accurate count. At the far end of the seated showers was the body scrub table... it's in full view of the seated showers and the hot pool, but otherwise not really visible from the rest of the spa.

The warm pool is the largest pool, could maybe accommodate 6 or 7 guys, with a slightly smaller hot pool and a cold pool. The warm pool was a great temperature... in my opinion, just about perfect for relaxing. The hot pool was too hot for me to stay in too long.

There is also a very small steam room and very small sauna down a little hallway... both would be crowded with three people in them. The steam in the steam room is controlled by a 5-minute dial timer outside of the steam room itself, which is a mixed blessing: it's nice to be able to have complete control over the steam, but having to exit the steam room every few minutes can get annoying.

When I was there (on a Saturday afternoon), the clientele was probably 50/50 Asian and Latino. And me. (There were probably no more than 6 or 7 customers total at any one time while I was there)  Most of the Latin guys seemed to be looking to play, as did one of the Asian guys. The only places to really play are the steam room and sauna, but even then it's difficult... They have full windows into the hallway, so there's not really any privacy, even in the steam room (it doesn't go far enough back for the steam to completely obscure you). But you can usually tell if someone is heading down the hallway, so you might get a short warning before someone stumbles onto you. But if the place is at all busy, it might not be the best place to play.

The spa was really nice though, definitely my favorite spa in the San Gabriel Valley. 

Royal Health Spa
1020 S Hacienda Blvd
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
(cross street of Hacienda Blvd & Gale Ave)
http://www.royalhealthspa.net/



8 comments:

  1. I've been to Royal twice, once with the discount. But I've only been kind of early on a weekend morning. There were never more then 3 guys there. I agree the place is nice but the set up makes it difficult to be discreet about any play. I got bored and left after less than an hour or so both times. Did have a good scrub there the first time.

    If I'm in that area I go to Joy Sauna, just the other side of 60 freeway. Older, no snacks, but if you would enjoy some discreet fun along with your relaxing spa, Joy can be...joyful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went there before the change and a again with the discount. Its a nice place but too far for me being I live in LBC. Its was not a busy place and very small set up. The time I went there with the discount had fun with 2 guys only because the place was not busy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there a few times, mainly because I'm passing thru, each time I go for an actual spa experience, great scrub, relaxing environment, It seems like it would be quiet, but every time I've gone there has been a lot of play, sometimes to the point of me just having to leave because I just want to relax.

    Its really clean, and I'm a fan of heated sleeping floors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Royal Spa better than Joy Sauna?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends what ur looking for, royal is smaller cleaner and nicer but most of the time people just want to tease. Joy is larger a bit worn but dudes go there with intent. I've had fun at both but prefer royal over joy.

      Delete
  5. So yesterday (Tuesday 9/27) I didn't feel like going to work so I was like, well, fuck it, and went to check out this place.

    Now I had already been to the nearby Joy Spa two or three times and while that place is more.. off the chain (lol) than this place, this place is *way* better than Joy Spa. It's worth the extra $5-10(?) to get in because it's way cleaner, quieter and cozier. This place doesn't have the run-down feeling that Joy Spa has.

    When I went in, I was greeted by an outgoing young Chinese-American gal who speaks both languages very well. She's fairly attractive, too. Anyway, you go in, there is an open shelf for people to put their shoes in, and you get to choose your own passcode for your locker.

    You go in and the lounge looks like a nice massage parlor with two rows of single recliners covered with white sheets. The only sucky thing is that while they have a counter full of free snacks (apples, cheese-its, pretzels, lemon water, instant coffee sticks, etc.), there is no food court/café/restaurant *BUT* they do allow outside food as long as you clean up after yourself and you don't take the food inside the spa (wet area).

    The crowd is mostly middle-aged to senior men, Asian (Chinese), Hispanic and some white. Occasionally, you do get some younger guys and otherwise attractive guys but not really. (I'm in my late 20's.)

    Yes, the spa set-up is small but it's cozy, the lighting isn't too bright or too dim, just perfect and cozy. Both the spa and the lounge are clean and well-maintained. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a Korean or a Chinese spa... The sign outside is in both languages, I see some Korean newspapers laying around in the lounge but the men working inside spoke both Chinese/Korean. Whatever.

    There is a separate sleeping area and that's where the playing happens. I was jerked off to completion and got my nipple sucked off by a man who didn't speak much English. He let me touch his uncircumcised cock. He really knew how to make me cum. lol

    I also played with a younger Latino guy with nice tattoos and a handsome brown foreskin inside the steam room where we were literally the only ones in the spa. He got tired, though, and went to the sleeping area. Whatever.

    Keep in mind, this place is quiet, even if they have the TV on, the volume is super low and apparently, they don't like it when guests talk on their cellphone. (I got yelled at by one of the Chinese men working there. lol I went looking for him after I hung up the phone to apologize but he bailed out -- couldn't find him anywhere.)

    Very nice and clean spa -- too bad, there is no co-ed/jjim jil bang area for both genders and NO café/restaurant inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have they closed down? I had fun here at least two visits

    ReplyDelete
  7. This spa has been closed for several years.

    ReplyDelete