QUICK LINKS:
Be sure to read the Introduction to this blog!
If you're looking for a spa buddy, this is where to do it.
If you're just looking for reviews, they're here.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review: Crystal Spa, Koreatown

Amenities: 2.5/5
Cruisiness: 1/5
Price: $30 (includes Jim Jil Bang)


Pros: Quiet, clean, Aveda products in the spa
Cons: More expensive than most other spas, only the basic spa features.


A friend of mine texted me a few weeks ago saying he had heard of a relatively new spa that was really nice, and asked if I wanted to join. So I met him there and checked out the spa... and while it was nice hanging out with my buddy, I was disappointed in the spa itself.


The men's spa only has a sauna, steam room, whirlpool and cold plunge. It's fairly small, but there were so few people there that it never felt crowded. The sauna was a little hotter than is normally my liking, but my friend likes it hot so he enjoyed it. The spa area is laid out sort of linearly; once you leave the locker room you pass the showers first, then down a hallway past the steam room, then up a short flight of stairs to the sauna and pools.  


Because you walk right past the steam room to get to anything else, and there's a large window there, there's no opportunity for playing... but the place is so dead that it's unlikely you'll meet anyone to cruise with anyway... other than me and my friend, I don't think anyone (only 3 other people when I was there) in there was gay.


The showers and sink area are equipped with Aveda products, which is nice. But it doesn't justify, in my opinion, the extra money it costs to get in. 


The spa is on the third floor of the City Center shopping mall... I had trouble finding the place when I got there; the mall doesn't do a good job of providing directories of the place. There's validated parking in the mall. 


Crystal Spa
3500 W. 6th St, Suite 321 (@ Mariposa... one block from the Wilshire/Normandie subway station)
Los Angeles, CA 90020
http://crystalspala.com/



3 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the few Korean spas that I have not visited. Thanks for your review - I found it helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went two days ago (Mon. 9/26) because I didn't feel like going to work. lol

    *Apparently, my dumbass confused this spa with Century Spa -- I meant to go to Century Spa because I had heard it was super cruisy with lots of action but my dumbass confused the names Century with Crystal so I ended up at this place. lol

    The entrance looks like some bath product store and that's because they're affiliated with Aveda but then when you go in, there are separate entrances to men and women's spas.

    And yes, you do get to use legit Aveda products (shampoo, conditioner and body wash) for free (with legit Gillette fusion shaving gel) but I don't know what the fuck is so good about Aveda products -- they smell awful. Anyway, the entrance was only $25.00

    The spa is so.. small. There the shower area, small room with three recliners and a TV, hot tub, cold tub and a steam room that wasn't working. lol

    Now, the co-ed area is nice but the WiFi wouldn't work on my fucking laptop (I think it was my laptop, though), and the café lady decided to quit when I was there so they let people go downstairs (1st floor/supermarket and there's also a food court in the basement floor? Idk.) just for that day.

    Oh btw, the café menu isn't impressive at all. Just like, three or four items -- boring-ass Korean soups.

    I got to check out a handsome worked out young Korean guy with a small uncut dick and another Korean guy (in his 30's(?)), also with an uncut dick but nicer -- totally would've put it in my mouth but he had to leave. lol His name was Alec or something like that.

    Was it a cool spa? Yes. Would I come here again? Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went here on the discount Wednesday night which is $15. A fair price because the place is very small with limited amenities. I would have felt gypped if I went on a full-price day. The Aveda bath products really add to the spa experience. The review is correct with the low cruisiness rating. Even on the discount night I was pretty much the only one there that evening. There were a few old Korean men, but then they left and I basically relaxed and did my quiet spa regimen. Towards the end of my visit, a couple of young Korean men arrived. I was alone in the steam room and one of them came in alone. I was sitting by myself with my eyes closed and suddenly felt his mouth on my dick. I guess you never know!

    ReplyDelete